A TRULY WEALTHY MAN
An aged Christian man was called upon by the Tax Assessor to see what he should pay. The Christian said, “I am a very wealthy man,” whereupon the Assessor asked him to list his possessions. He did as follows:
1. I have remission of sins (Acts 2:38).
2. I have a mansion in Heaven (John 14:2).
3. I have a peace that passeth understanding (Phil. 4:7).
4. I have a joy unspeakable (I Peter 1:8).
5. I have divine love that never faileth (1 Corinthians 13:8).
6. I have songs in the night (Psalm 42:8).
7. I have a faithful wife (Proverbs 31:10).
8. I have devoted children (Exodus 20:12).
9. I have true, loyal friends (Proverbs 18:2).
10. I have a crown of life (Revelations 2:10).
11. I have Jesus Christ who supplies all my needs freely (Phil 4:19).
Whereupon the Assessor, said, “you are truly a wealthy man, but do you know that I cannot tax you a single item you have mentioned? You have possessions that give 100% profit.” Are you this rich? You can be this very day, if you will obey the Lord and serve him.